3056 Crawfordville Highway, Crawfordville Florida 32327
~ 850-926-0905

Make a payment
Wakulla County Clerk Seal



What is a passport?

A passport is an internationally recognized travel document attesting to the identity and nationality of the bearer. The passport is a request on the part of the issuing government that officials of foreign governments permit the bearer to travel in their territories and to afford them all lawful aid and protection.

Who needs a passport?

Anyone, including infants, departing from the United States and entering the United States from outside the United States. Travel.State.Gov contains information regarding the passport and visa requirements of foreign countries, and their respective fees. A passport is not required for travel by U.S. citizens to any territory or waters, including Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Proof if identity and citizenship is always required.

What are the requirements for a passport?

The requirements for a US passport are federal, not set by the Clerks office.

  • Proof of Identity: A current valid driver's license, military identification, government identification, or previous U.S. Passport will serve as identification. Social Security cards are not acceptable for identification.
  • Certified copy of birth record: The birth record must be certified by the state in which the birth took place. A raised or embossed seal must be affixed to the birth record. Children under age 16 require both parents' signatures.
  • Proof of citizenship: If you were born outside of the United States, a Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship is required.
  • Social Security Number: A social security number is required for all passport applications regardless of the age of the applicant. We do not require your card, only the number is needed.
  • Photo:  A recent 2” x 2” photo is required. The Clerk’s office charges $10.00 per photo taken. For information regarding passport photo requirements please visit the passport website at; https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photos.html.

Do I have to apply in person?

As of February 1, 2004 passport services will begin requiring the personal appearance of all children applying for U.S. passports as well as both parents, or your passport was lost or stolen, or your passport was issued more than 15 years ago.

How long is a passport valid?

The passport is valid for ten (10) years if you are 16 years of age or older. The passport is valid for five (5) years if you are 15 years of age or younger.

Can a passport be renewed by mail?

Yes. If your most recent passport was issued when you were at least 16 years old, issued within the past 15 years, and you use the same name as on your most recent passport OR you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect the name changes.

How long does it take to get a passport?

For current passport processing times please visit the passport agencies website at; https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/applyinperson.html.  If you need your passport sooner, for an additional fee you may request expedited services. 

How do I report a missing passport?

Complete form DS-64 and bring it to the Clerk's Office when you apply for a new passport.

Where can Passport applications and renewal applications be obtained?

Although you can get the forms from The Clerk’s Office, 3056 Crawfordville Hwy., Crawfordville, FL 32327, you can also download them online from travel.state.gov


You must have 2 forms of payment.  The Clerk’s office accepts cash, money order, check, or card (3 ½ % vendor fee added using card) and a check or money order to U.S. Dept. of State.

Recommendation from the United States Department of State, Miami Passport Agency

Parents and guardians of minors traveling with their school or other organizations applying for a United States passport should be advised as a best practice to apply for a passport as well. That way, if there is an emergency while their child is overseas the parent or guardian will be able to travel immediately if necessary. Having a valid US passport eliminates the stress of having to apply for a passport on an urgent basis in an emergency.


The Wakulla County Clerk’s office is now your ONE STOP SHOP for passport forms, photos & application submission.  We now offer professional quality passport photos which are printed in compliance with government regulations for passports.  No appointment necessary and usually no waiting for this service. The cost is $10.00 per person. You will receive two photographs; one will go with the application and one to keep. 
Requirements for passport photos are as follows:
  • Uniforms should not be worn in the photograph (except religious attire). Writing or photos on shirts is discouraged.
  • A hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline should not be worn (except when worn for religious purposes).
  • Glasses must be removed, unless the applicant needs them for medical reasons (an accompanying medical certificate may be required).
  • A brief explanatory note may be required for any of the above reasons.  An unacceptable photograph may delay passport issuance.

For questions please call (850) 926-0300